Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wrong-Way Drunk Driver Kills Motorist in Kalamazoo on U.S. 131


Toxicology tests confirmed that drunk driver Jeremy Smeltzer who drove the wrong way in the southbound lane of U.S. 131 near Kalamazoo on April 15, 2014 and killed a driver driving the correct direction on the express-way had an blood alcohol content that was more than 2 1/2 times the legal limit for driving of 0.08 (it measured 0.214 percent).  The Michigan State Police laboratory test was released Friday, May 16th, 2014 to the Kalamazoo Gazette after they filed a request under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.  The Michigan State Police also released the trooper's car video that captured an image of the drunk driver speeding past the trooper's squad car seconds before causing the deadly crash.  This video is very disturbing because it vividly captures the senseless moment before two people were violently killed due to the utter stupidity of  a drunk driver.  The video also reminds us of the extremely dangerous situation that our Michigan State Troopers must face in the moments after such a fiery crash.  

Go to this link to see the Michigan State Police dash-cam video of this crash.  Hopefully, the release of this disturbing dash-cam video will further discourage drunk driving by forcefully bring the reality of the potential tragic results to the fore-front of people's minds.

9 comments:

  1. About seven months ago my wife had a nasty car accident. Her back got badly injured and she had to see a chiropractor. I found this site http://www.burkechiropractic.com/ (its for Minneapolis btw)and booked her a session- she's been going there for the past months and says she's happy with service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one such case where due to stupidity of someone, an innocent had to lose his life. When I worked with DUI attorney Los Angeles, I saw so many similar cases and always wondered why people mix drinking and driving when everyone knows that a DUI can destroy their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time that I needed a lawyer I spent a full week interviewing them like they were going to work for me. This is exactly how you need to do it. Don't ever feel like you are inconveniencing these guys, this is a huge decision and they understand you want to find the best. Take your time and choose one you connect with.

    Leticia Holt @ KHunter Law

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a complete moron this guy is. I hope he lives with this for his entire life and quite frankly, I hope he burns in hell for this. I lost my husband to a drunken driver almost four years ago now and miss him every single day. I will never forgive the man who took him from me.

    Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, https://www.eliaandponto.com/plpd-insurance-coverage-for-auto-owners-in-michigan/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it Car Crash Lawyer Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  7. One present why galore businesses opt for postcards is because they are overmuch cheaper to be prefab and this can forbear a lot of expenses on the lengthened run.  no fault insurance law

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. elia and ponto no fault insurance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. Online Quran Academy

    ReplyDelete